1. I'm an identical twin.
2. I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with Cheez-Its.
3. I was never the greatest athlete, so lawn games are the closest I get to organized athletics.
4. Gin & Tonics are my poison of choice.
5. Palm Springs is my home away from home.
6. I love Disneyland, Harry Potter, Pixar, board games and other various marvels from my 10-year-old self.
7. My favorite day of the week is Monday. Fresh start, new ideas, the best day.
8. Dogs. All breeds, shapes, sizes. Even the weird, ugly ones hold a special place in my heart. If I wasn't doing photography, I'd be teaching or running a dog rescue (with my sister!).
Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, I’ve been lucky to call Seattle home for the past 29 years. I love the mountains, the water, the city, and every nook and cranny in-between.
I’m formally trained in graphic design (graduated in 2009 with a BA in Visual Communication Design from the University of Washington), but after years of working full-time as a designer at a local studio, I picked up a camera and began to explore the world of wedding & portrait photography. Soon enough, I fell head-over-heels in love with this craft and haven’t looked back since. It’s become a natural extension of my creative self and I’ve been shooting full time since late 2012.
I married the love of my life in September 2015 and we reside in West Seattle with our fur-child, Rosco. After experiencing a wedding firsthand, I can easily say it’s one of the most exciting, crazy, and unique days. It’s a mixture of both smiles and tears, anticipation and anxiety, new territories and old traditions. I feel that I have a whole new appreciation for what my brides go through not only on the wedding day, but the days spent planning and leading up to it, thus I strive to make the entire experience of working with me honest, collaborative, and fun.
On a personal level, I would describe myself as an outgoing introvert. I love people, I crave relationship & collaboration, but I also deeply cherish the quieter days where I can recharge. I’m not quick to judge and feel I have an innate ability to read people. I truly enjoy interacting with different personalities and find that photography has been a vehicle in letting me get unique peek into a multitude of lives, minds, & relationships. Weddings in particular fill up this tank and it’s why I’m so passionate about what I do.
Image above by Lauren Apel.